Travel Access Project is excited to announce that we will be awarding up to ten fully funded scholarships for Gap Year travel and education in 2018.
Make sure you’ve joined our mailing list to be notified the moment that applications open
Applications are open now and close March 31. Winners will be notified by May 1, 2018.
We are awarding as many as TEN $3000 grants for Gap Year travel during the 2018-19 academic year.
Each TAP Grant awarded includes:
- $3000 USD to be used towards travel or educational costs associated with your Gap Year
- Student membership in the Gap Year Association
- Two video calls with Sean, Jenn & TAP Grant Recipients to celebrate and support your Gap Year plans
- Access to special discounts from partner organizations, including Tortuga Backpacks, En Route Consulting, and BootsnAll.
- Initial introductory assessment to determine goals of time off and process of planning gap year
- A 15-hour phone call/meeting retainer for use by students and parents to structure and clarify their plans, plus unlimited e-mailing
- Program and activity recommendations based on a personalized, extensive search of reputable and vetted service/travel organizations based on consults and/or meetings
- Assistance in budgeting, itinerary and other logistical issues
- Working closely with parents to instill confidence in the reliability of chosen organizations and programs
- Pre-departure preparation assistance
- On-the-Ground Support*
Who Should Apply?
Anyone planning to take a Gap Year during the 2018-19 school year. These grants are open to applicants in all countries and of all backgrounds. Last year’s recipients represented three continents, three countries, and spoke at least five languages between them! The application and selection process happens in English.
- High school graduates
- Homeschoolers, Unschoolers, Worldschoolers, & the alternatively educated
- College graduates taking a gap before beginning a career
- Adults planning a career break
- Families planning a family Gap Year
What makes our grants unique is that they are not tied to a particular program. We’re actively seeking creative people planning independent Gap Years for the purpose of combining education and adventure.
Meet our 2017 Grant Recipients.
These were the 2017 finalists… to give you an idea of the kind of applications that make it to the top!
Apply now! And, be sure to share this opportunity with anyone you know who is interested.
Check our FAQ page first. If you don’t find the answer there, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to Help Fund a Grant?
A hearty thanks goes out to Travis & Heather Sherry, of Extra Pack of Peanuts, for helping to fund this year’s TAP Grants with a generous donation. If you don’t know these guys, you should! They are THE experts in traveling more while spending less. Just what you need for your Gap Year, right?
Check out Extra Pack of Peanuts and learn travel hacking from the best!
Deep gratitude goes out to Julia Rogers, of En Route Consulting, for giving generously of her time and wealth of experience and resources to provide a full scholarship to one lucky student.
Julia has partnered significantly with TAP to help us build our pre-departure experience for our grant recipients and is widely recognized as a leader in the Gap Year Consulting field.
She is GYA certified and every Gap Year student would benefit from her services.
In addition to the full scholarship she is providing, Julia is offering a substantial discount on her consulting packages to EVERY person who completes an application for the Travel Access Project Grants. You’ll find the link and discount code on the “Thank You” page after you submit your grant application!
Ten grants is a great start, but we’d love to award fifty! To do that, we need help. Do you believe a Gap Year is a valuable part of the educational process?
If so, directly support a student NOW.